PRP Treats Pregnancy Hair Loss Naturally & Safely
While the miracle of birth is obviously a beautiful thing, the changes to their body that come along with it can leave expectant mother’s feeling anything but. While issues like morning sickness and weight gain are ubiquitous components of pregnancy, many women experience a lesser-known side effect of carrying their little bundle of joy: Pregnancy Hair Loss.
While pregnancy hair loss is usually temporary, it often takes as long as 6 months to a year before beginning to resolve.
But at BetterU Medical Spa, Englewood, NJ area mothers afflicted with pregnancy hair loss now have access to an incredible solution that is 100% natural: PRP Hair Loss Treatment.
What Causes Pregnancy Hair Loss?
Around 90% of a person’s hair should be growing at a given time. The remaining 10% of hair follicles are in a state of rest, falling out every two to three months to give way to new hair in its place. However, the hormonal changes of pregnancy can often upset this balance, resulting in pregnancy hair loss.
Pregnancy hair loss occurs when fluctuating hormones cause a greater number of a woman’s hair follicles to enter the resting phase than usual. This means that new hair is not produced from the follicles when resting hair falls out, leaving those affected with significantly thinner hair. Pregnancy hair loss can result simply in thinning patches, or in more severe cases, can impact the entirety of the head.
Also known as telogen effluvium (TE), it is believed that as many as 40% of all pregnant women experience pregnancy hair loss of some degree. Pregnancy hair loss can occur throughout the entirety of a woman’s pregnancy, and may also occur one to five months after having given birth.
But while pregnancy hair loss can be incredibly frustrating, at BetterU Medical Spa in Englewood, NJ, we offer a safe and effective solution in the form of PRP Hair Loss Treatment.
PRP Hair Loss Treatment is Safe During Pregnancy
While pregnancy hair loss is generally not permanent, most cases take as long as 6 months to a year to resolve. For this reason, many women begin searching for a more immediate form of relief. Enter PRP hair loss treatment.
While other, non-pregnant individuals with TE have the option of treating it with oral medications or topical treatments like Rogaine, chemical treatments like these are unsafe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Fortunately, PRP Hair Loss treatment is completely natural, free from harmful chemicals.
PRP hair loss treatment is perfect for pregnancy hair loss because the procedure is performed using nothing but the body’s own platelets. Short for “Platelet Rich Plasma,” PRP offers a solution to women who would rather not wait 6 months to a year for their pregnancy hair loss to subside.
At BetterU Medical Spa, board certified gynecologist Dr. Hetal Gor is one of only a select few doctors in the Englewood, NJ area to offer PRP hair loss treatment. This incredible procedure is free from any drugs or chemicals, is 100% natural, and could not be better suited for reversing the effects of pregnancy hair loss.
The PRP Hair Loss Treatment Process
Performed in the comfort of our Englewood, NJ medical spa, each PRP hair loss treatment begins by drawing the patient’s own blood, out of which its plasma will be extracted using centrifuge. Plasma can contain as much as 8 times more of the body’s “growth factors” than are found in blood, making it the perfect tool for combating pregnancy hair loss.
The next step of the PRP hair loss treatment see’s the plasma injected into the patient’s scalp, allowing for the growth factors contained therein to stimulate dormant hair follicles into resuming the production of hair. And not only that, each hair follicle treated with PRP will actually produce thicker hair than the patient had before her pregnancy hair loss!
Englewood, NJ – PRP Hair Loss Treatment
If you are in the Englewood, NJ area and are suffering from pregnancy hair loss, contact BetterU Medical spa for a consultation today.
Board certified gynecologist Dr. Hetal Gor will help your decide if the incredible PRP hair loss treatment is right for you, and will then assemble a customized treatment plan to make your pregnancy hair loss a thing of the past. Call now!
Englewood, NJ PRP Hair Loss Treatment Consultation: 212-405-8202